Saturday, July 30, 2011

Natural Hair Update

Hi! I know it has been a while since I have posted...my bad. All I can say is that my busyness got the best of me. Prayfully, you are well.

I want to give you a quick update on my Natural hair. It has been 19 months and I am still going strong. I battled last month with the thought of perming...wow, right? Well, of course, I decided against it! I was attempting to please my Bear and he responded to me by saying, "I've seen this way so long, that I have gotten used to the 'Fro." So since he was sooo understanding of my need for Nappturality, I straightened my hair...twice within two weeks! Y'all....let me tell you that it was a MISTAKE. I ended up getting ends clipped and all! This week before my shampoo, my hair was so brittle and fragile that it didn't make any sense. The slightest tug produced 5-6 strands of popped hair. To add insult to injury, my curl pattern is shot! So I had to deep condition to the utmost power and twist her down. Therefore, this week and probably the next will be Turban days. I really miss my pen coil curls... I learned something though, I can rock semi-straight hair, just not for two weeks straight. Well, it's time for dinner and a movie!

Until next time, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment