Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Response to "Unprofessional" by The Mrs. H*

What's good, people? I must respond to my sister's blog titled "Unprofessional" (read it on her blog http://themrsh.me/2010/03/unprofessional/). When she called me with this foolishness, I was in total shock! I mean, I knew that my beloved parents didn't like our TWAs, but my goodness! So, as the rebellious child that I am, I SHALL ROCK MY NATURAL TWA TO THE FULLEST! Ya heard? Come on, "rethink our lifestyle"??? Wow... I commented on her blog and I am saying it again here. As an avid reader of both Black Enterprise and Inc, Ebony, Essence, Jet, Sister 2 Sister, etc., there are many Natural sisters in prominent areas of the business world. And yes, as we Naturals know, they are running things. And for my Dad to say that I am stuck because of my hair?? Uh, I've been on my state job for almost 14 years and my fro is only 3 months old...so, how does my hair have me stuck? Yeah, and to add to my personal growth, I have two businesses (Lily of the Valley Boutique {http://lovboutique.com} and Mary Kay Cosmetics {http://marykay.com/jacquettaboles}). I haven't lost anything but fear when it comes down to my hair. Out of all the people that I know, I have 4 haters.... You know how I feel right? Indeed, I shall move forward in new territory. I refuse to let anyone speak negative against my future. Actually, I rebuke it in the Name of Jesus! Even my Mister hates my hair...but with 2 Natural blood sisters and his mom, he needs to get over it. And he will. He said that the wedding will not happen until my hair is on my shoulders... uh huh... April 16, 2011 we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment